About a month ago, I was casually surfing Pinterest and found this super easy chili recipe that I cook all the time now! It is so delicious and literally only takes twenty to thirty minutes to make. Some of these items you may already have in your pantry or fridge!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- Salt and pepper for taste
- 1 14-oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 14-oz can corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1 14-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tbsp hot chili flakes
- 3/4 cup of shredded cheese
These last two aren’t part of the recipe but make the chili taste even better!
- 1 scoop of sour cream
- 2 slices of avocado
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Add olive oil, onion and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and break into pieces. Brown the meat, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato paste, corn kernels, blacks beans and hot chili flakes.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add shredded cheese and mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
- Optional: top with sour cream and additional cheese
This recipe is so versatile. You can eat the chili with some chips or add the chili into some taco shells.