Some of my friends know that I’ve been on this healthy kick lately! I’ve started paying attention to the things I eat. It’s amazing how much better you feel when you eat lots of fruits and vegetables throughout the day.
It’s been a hectic week so today I just wanted to come home, make a quick meal and relax.
- 1 box of whole grain pasta
- 1 tablespoon of whipped butter
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of red chili flakes
- 1 head of organic broccoli
- 1 handful of parmesan cheese
Note: chop your broccoli head, rinse and dry with paper towel before cooking/eating.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Add whipped butter, minced garlic and red chili flakes. Stir around until butter is melted.
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Add salt for flavor and to avoid stickiness. Add box of whole grain pasta. Cook pasta uncovered for 9 minutes.
- In the non-stick skillet, add chopped broccoli and stir for 7 minutes.
- Add chopped broccoli to boiled pasta and stir for 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta and throw in a handful of parmesan cheese.